Sunday, February 7, 2010

And here comes the headache!

Wow,

It's pretty obvious to me after today that they should change the name of sugar to "White Death", because after eating it today, that's how I feel. I have a headache now, I'm tired, I feel bloated and kind of cranky.

So I should probably tell you a little background of the diet that I'm doing. It's pretty much the Carbohydrate Addicts diet plan. The plan basically states that if you're addicted to carbs (bread, sugar, pasta, potatoes, etc...) that you need to limit the amount of time that you eat those items to one hour per day. Now, you can eat as much of it as you like, while pairing it with vegetables and protein, but you're limited to one hour. The other two meals per day are strictly meat, protein, and veggies. I have tried this diet before and lost about 30-40 lbs on it, and when I gained the weight back, it wasn't immediate. It seemed like a good way of life for me that I could handle long term, but some how I got off track...and here I am again.

So for instance today for the Super Bowl, I ate some chips and dip, and a couple slices of pizza and a couple of cookies all in one hour, pretty bad sounding right? However, before that this morning I had a mushroom omelet, and for lunch I had chicken and green beans. The premise to this diet is that you're only allowing your blood sugar to really spike one time per day. I have heard time and time again from my doctor, nutritionist, and accupuncturist to totally eliminate the "white stuff" however, it's hard for me to take away all of it all the time, so this diet helps me from gorging on them when I finally have them. I am however, doing a little twist on this diet as well where I only get the "hour of carbs" a few days a week, and the other days a week it's just meat and veggies for me. I actually don't mind doing that, I do feel a lot better when I'm "On the wagon, and off the carbs!"

Exercising this week has been pretty much a wash, and this week coming up, it probably will be again. I joined a Henderson Parks and Rec. class for Jazzercise. No, I'm not wearing a leotard, thank God, and no, I'm not wearing a sweat band and making jazz hands all hour...hehe, but really it's just a basic aerobics class with good music and some coordinating moves, it's actually fun. It's only on Mondays and Wednesdays though, so I think I'm going to sign up at a private Jazzercise place in town so I can take it more often, especially if I'm working late on Mondays or Wednesday nights.

I do feel a change in me this week, I don't honestly remember really being faithful to a program that I have committed to for an entire week in a long time, it feels good to be different this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment