Monday, February 15, 2010

Really learned a lot this past week...

Well, I haven't been on here in a week or so, and I can tell you that I haven't done well with my progress at all. I have found that blogging everyday really makes a difference in helping me stay on track and accountable for my actions.

This weekend was a big weekend, we had family in town, and it was Valentine's Day. We went to a two day Rugby tournament and were there from 11am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday, and when choosing things to eat there I didn't do so well.

It was interesting to me though, to watch my soon-to-be sister in law choose her meals this weekend, she did a great job! She has been following the Paleo Diet, which basically eliminates bread and sugar, and allows you to have meat, veggies, and fresh fruit. We went to a couple of great restaurants and she stayed on track each time. Asking for her meal without the carb loaded pasta, rice, or bread. I thought about it with myself and wondered why can't I do that. I mean, I know that I can, however my "just interested mode" over shadowed my "committed mode" this weekend, and I basically ate what I wanted, and I can surely tell the difference in how I feel. I have had stomach issues this weekend, heart burn, and have been really tired. Today I'm going to take a moment and look inside myself and try to figure out why I didn't make the same choices during each meal. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I know tomorrow is a new day, but each day that I am not following my program, and eating things that affect me negatively, the more I struggle to lose the weight.

Also, we have decided to move up our Wedding Date to October 23rd, so dress shopping will now have to happen sometime this summer, like July...my countdown has suddenly gotten shorter, but I will accomplish my goal!

4 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do this Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ask her how she does it? you should! Just ask her what her thought process is. What keeps her motivated? Might produce some valuable insight and be able to help you too! I love you. Keep going and don't beat yourself up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. October 23rd...such a good date! That was the day Adam and I met! That night I was SUPPOSED to stay the night with you. Remember? Andy was supposed to walk me across campus after the game...he tried, but it didn't happen. Ha ha! The 23rd is also my dad's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it crazy how blogging helps?! do you write down what you eat? i did when i was doing my challenge.. i was eating SO much better. it's like you think to yourself, "hell no i'm not writing those cookies on my list!" it works! :)

    ReplyDelete