Thursday, February 25, 2010

A humbling experience!

So, sorry I haven't written for awhile, honestly though I have lost total track of time and have been really focused on eating right and exercising. I really think that seeing my soon to be Sister-in-Law do so well on her diet, really motivated me and made me realize that I can make all of the right choices too. This week I have dodged birthday cake in the breakroom, steering wheel sized slice o'heaven donuts in the meeting room, and have gone to Jazzercise pretty consistently! I feel so much better. Now, I'm sure this is too much info, but I'm even on my cycle right now and I don't feel bloated! It's the first time that I have ever been able to say that!

Now, you're probably wondering what this "humbling experience" was. Well, for starters, I made an appointment to go and see my dream wedding dress at Las Vegas Bridal Gowns. They are a private wedding dress showroom within a wedding venue. I brought my sister Jeanette with me to be my moral support and second set of eyes. It truly was bitter sweet for me to think about trying on a dress right now..."bitter" because I feel like I'm waaaaaay to fat to wear a wedding dress, and "sweet" because I'm so happy to be getting married. Anyway, we got to the showroom and were met by two very nice sales associates, we walked back into the dress area, and there it was...my favorite dress! It looked even more perfect in person. I had called ahead to make sure they had the dress I wanted. It was a size smaller than what I wear, but I thought I could shimmy my way into it and be duct taped through the back. The associates then told me that they really didn't have a changing room, that I could just change right there in this big open room. I know it's just us ladies in there...but I was horrified and totally unprepared to be that exposed, I should have at least done some lunges before hand! The dress didn't fit AT ALL, and it was very depressing that I couldn't even see what my dream dress could possible look like on me :(

So, long story short, I had to stand in my bra and underwear for almost and hour while we tried on various dresses...and in the end, I looked like a sausage casing in my dream dress :( I think saying that was humbling is a major understatement! However, good did come out of this experience...I made an appointment to go back there on June 12th, and try on the dress again, with the progress that I will make, I will surely fit into the dress and finally be able to see how it's really supposed to fit me! I really feel like the goal of getting into that dress is really attainable and something that I HAVE to accomplish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment