Friday, February 5, 2010

It actually happened...

So, yesterday at work, in our break room I noticed a huge box of donuts, actually I should say a box of HUGE donuts. Yummy glazed twists, apple fritters, maple bars, and donut holes, all of the things that I reallllly love. I had to eat my lunch of cottage cheese, chicken breast, and salad right in front of the tempting pastries. It was hard, but I made it through. A lot of the reason that I didn't succumb to the intense temptation was because of this blog! I didn't want to let anyone down that is reading this, and I of couse did not want to let myself down! I was so proud of myself when I left the break room without even getting a closer whiff of the donuts, it was truly a momentus moment!

Yesterday I didn't blog, but the Day 3 lesson of the book was really still about committment, and making a list of actions that you intend to do, and even if you don't feel like doing it...do it anyway!!!

Lesson 4 is about creating boundaries instead of strict diets. In other words, instead of getting stuck in the word diet, you can rethink of it as "boundaries" for your eating plan...the author goes on to say " Picture your diet program as a road or a path. You can define the boundaries of your diet road based on the number of calories, points or other factors that you choose to follow. As you walk on the road each day, your goal is to stay between the sides of the road. Unlike the strict or rigid diet plans, boundaries stay flexible. They provide guidelines, but at the same time allow for common sense and good judgement."

I truly agree with the author in this paragraph. It seems the more I focus on the word "diet" the harder this weight loss becomes. The more I focus on the food that are "strictly forbidden" the more I want to eat them. It really helps to know that I can have some flexibility and day by day I have the ability to make the choice...the right choice that will help me get closer to my goal.

The homework for this day is to draw a line down the middle of your notebook page, creating two columns. "Label one column 'narrow road' for your actual diet plan, and the other 'wider road' for the maintenance or alternate eating plan. Under the titles, define your eating and exercise plans for each road, decide on ways you can be flexible with them without losing sight of the healthy road you want to follow."

I really feel strong after only day 4, it will be interesting to weigh myself next week, who knows, if I've gained, maybe I'll throw this computer out the window...(that was the old me) The new me will just keep on keeping on :) See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're on the right path. Keep up the good work! I look forward to hearing about more of your successes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. donuts are SO my weakness too!! good for you nat, you're doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete